Spouse of permanent resident and their child who were born and continue to live in Japan need to apply for their status of eligibility.


To apply for this visa, following terms are required.

  1. A spouse of permanent resident
  2. A spouse of special permanent resident
  3. A child who was born in Japan as a child of a permanent resident and has been living in Japan since his/her birth

Spouse of Permanent Resident

The applicants should be married with permanent resident and they have to live together. A statement of reasons is neccessary to prove that their marrige is the real one.

Children of Permanent Residents

The applicant has to proof following condition: When a child was born, either father or mother was in Japan under permanent resident or other visa status. Also, if father of the applicants has was a permanent resident visa holder and was going to keep staying in Japan when he died.

Period of Stay

5 years, 3 years, 1 year, 6 months