On the consideration of the Minister of Justice, a person can obtain "Long Term Resident"visa. Maximum length of this visa is 5 years.
Scope of its applicants are the third generation of Japanese immigrants, Japanese returnees from China, divorced, and widower / widow of special parmanent resident.
Person Who Can Apply
Here is the list of condition. For more information, please feel free to contact us.
- Third generation of Japanese immigrants
- Spouse of long term resident
- Biological child whose either of parents are also biological Japanese
- Biological child of person whose either of parents are Japanese
- Biological child who are single and under 20 years old. He or she live under support of long term resident whose period of stay is more than 1 year.
- Biological child who are single and under 20 years old. Either of his or her biological parents are spouse of Japanese / permanent resident / special permanent resident / long term resident (more than 1 year) and have spouse of Japanese or permanent resident visa.
- Adopted child under age of 6. Either of his / her parents gets economical support from Japanese, parmanent resident, long term resident whose period of stay is more than 1 year.
- Japanese returnees from China and their family etc.
Period of Stay
5 years, 3 years, 1 year, 6 months, or the periodwhich Minister of Justice asigned (5 years maximum)